Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Voted! (You'll Just Have To Imagine The Flag)

You know how usually after you cast your ballot they give out stickers that say "I Voted!" and have a flag on them? Well - I Voted! And? My lame-o precinct gave out no stickers. I guess our fancy ballot machines cut into the sticker budget this election. You should see these machines! Beee-yoo-tifull! Easy peasy to operate. Very clear. Anyone who messes up their ballot on these puppies is beyond hope. Still, I'm stickerless. Sad Lilymane. One of the reasons that I like to vote first thing is because I'm a big nerd and I love to wear my sticker all day. I like to think of the possibility that, at least once, my personal "I Voted!" sticker inspired or reminded or guilted somebody into the voting booth who wouldn't have gone otherwise. But not today. I have no sticker. And also? I have no car. Mine's in the shop. I'll be spending the rest of this cold, rainy, stickerless election day inside with my herd of children. (<--Children who, by the way, stayed up waaay too late last night and yet still managed to leap out of bed, wide awake earlier today than on school days, and who all four managed to ask in unison, "Can I have the first turn on computer?")

I pondered my lack of both sticker and viewing public of voting age and realized that what I needed was a sticker for my blog! Best I can tell - there are about six of you lovely internetters reading my blog. If you are cranky, sleep-deprived kids who found my blog while looking for a video game to play on the computer, then there's not much I can do. However, since I think it more likely you are adults AND since I know at least three of you and can make a guess as to the way you will vote - I'm going to wear my virtual blog sticker. "I VOTED!" (<--Imagine the flag! Be reminded! Feel the inspiration! Or the guilt! Go vote!)
Happy Election Day!
Peace.

1 comment:

Deb R said...

I didn't get a sticker either OR a lollipop. But I voted! :-)