Monday, December 19, 2005

Not Blogging about Laundry

Really I'm not blogging about laundry, because everyone has laundry. Right? No need to talk about it. A great percentage of everyone surely has at least two loads of laundry a day, every day, rain or shine. Rain, ha ha. Of course on rainy days there's that extra load of wet towels from drying the dog and muddy socks because how on earth can children be expected to abstain from puddle jumping. The entire world does laundry day in day out. In sickness and in health. In sickness, of course, there are the extra two loads of icky sheets and towels which require interesting chemical compounds known as laundry additives to remove all traces of ummm, ickiness. No need to dwell on stenches and stains though. Not during this lovely holiday season. Seasons, ha ha. It's not just me. Everyone contends with seasonal items in their laundry baskets, right? Like unworn, short-sleeve Hawaiin shirts in December when it's 21 degrees. And Gummi eyeballs left over from Halloween (which were gross enough before being washed with heavy agitation and hot water). No, it's far better at this time of year to think of peace and goodwill towards men. GOODWILL! I could give most of our clothes to the GOODWILL! Of course, I would have to wash them first, but still it would be just ONCE more. Those clothes wouldn't come back over and over and over and over. Fa la la la la, la la la la.
Laundry is such a common, everyday, un-blogworthy topic. I'm sure at this moment most of my neighbors are doing laundry too. Ha ha or maybe not since it turns out that many of the shirts I couldn't identify belong to Rachel-across-the-street. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, someone tell me why I didn't think of that trick before! Ha ha - have the neighbors do your laundry for you! Is THIS the secret? Is this the reason that we're not supposed to blog about laundry? Becuase Lilymane might figure out she's doing not just her huge family's laundry but EVERYONE ON THE PLANET'S laundry?? Well the cat is out of the laundry bag! I figured it out! And I'm telling you right now - don't complain to me if I drop an extra bucket of starch in the load of undies! Hmpfh.
(Peace.)

3 comments:

Deb R said...

How the heck did you end up with your neighbor's laundry?

I love head muffins but didn't know that's what they're called.

I'd never heard of sucking up orange juice through a hollow peppermint stick, but Yum! And I remember those Lifesavers books. I wonder if they still sell those?

(I'm too lazy to comment individually because then I'd have to type the magic code word three times and I'm not very good at typing it correctly ONCE, you you get MagicCombinoComments from me.)

PS...I think you can cuss on blogger if you want to. I've seen plenty of other people do it.

Lilymane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lilymane said...

Rachel-across-the-street is my daughter's best friend. I have NO IDEA how her clothes got in our wash, but I'd love to figure it out because I want to pull the same stunt on someone else! :D