Monday, May 01, 2006

Marketing Strategies I Don't Understand


Chicken Poop $3.99.
That's what the sign says.
My boys swore that they saw the sign last week, too, with their grandmother - only Havoc insisted it said, "Chicken Poop Lip Balm."
Sweet Hubby chalked it up to a disgruntled employee. And then.... I went to Walgreen's today for Epsom salts and this was sitting on the check out counter. Apparently, I am the last woman on the planet (besides my mom) to find out about this hot new trend. I think I must not be the normal consumer, because somehow putting the words 'butt' or 'poop' in a product's name does not compel me to purchase it. I fail to see the 'genius' in potty marketing. My children, on the other hand, have helped make this man the millionaire I'm sure he is. Sigh. I would ask "What is this world coming to?" but I'm afraid the answer is clearly, "Poop." One year (when I was ten?) the hottest ingredient in cosmetics was baby oil. Everything had baby oil. Later it was aloe vera. I missed the transition from plant to poo - but I'm convinced that jojoba had something to do with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't jojoba swedish for 'bat guano?'

What will they think of next? Wait! Don't answer that. I don't think I want to know.
Peace.

No comments: