1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
SEVEN RANDOM AND/OR WEIRD FACTS ABOUT LILYMANE1. I'm scared of monkeys and clowns. Monkeys dressed as clowns (or clowns dressed as monkeys for that matter) would send me over the edge.
2. I still like Duran Duran.
3. I suck my thumb when I'm sleepy or trying to figure something out.
4. If I could have three celebrities over for a party, I'd invite Queen Latifah, Jodie Foster, and Madeline L'Engle. (<--I know, I know she died! I'm soooo sad about that, but pretend she's still alive and could come to my party. Wouldn't that be a kick ass group of women to get together?)
5. I know more about Pern than I do about China.
6. My friends refer to me as an Episcopagan.
7. I have a freaky (but random) ability to remember (some) dates. It's not very useful to remember my kindergarten pal Sam Marney's birthday when I forget my dear friend C is for Coffee's birthday - but there you go. It's what I do every year. On July 17th I think, "Hmmm today is Sam's birthday. Wonder what he's been doing for the last 25-30 years." And on December 1st, 2nd, or 3rd I think, "Oh shit! I missed C is for Coffee's birthday AGAIN!!! I even talked to her ON her birthday last week and I didn't remember to say anything."
Now, "Red Rover, Red Rover send Aimee Greeblemonkey, Ali, Chronicler, Not Fainthearted, Urban Housewife, Daddy Dan, and Jummy right over!!" Ok, ok, "TAG!" if you prefer. You've been chosen at random* to join the game. Please play along.
Hope you have as much fun as (and less anxiety than) I did playing. I see meme's all the time but had never been tagged before. It was a little tricky to come up with seven things about me that I haven't mentioned in the two years I've been blogging. I'm not sure what the "point" is but then again, what's the point of racing around during recess, shrieking and giggling? It's just a good thing to do every once in a while.
*The instructions say "random" but I had to have some structure from which to start. I decided to pick a random group on NaBlo and then to choose the first blog icon that caught my eye and tag them. (I did that seven (no, nine) times.) I confess I almost did not include Aimee Greeblemonkey (because monkey!!) but I didn't want to cheat on a randomness rule I made up for myself even if no one else would know it. Well, that and her blog looked nice (no real monkeys). And just like in real tag - folks are hard to catch. Twice I chose someone but by the time I posted the link and went to leave them a comment, they'd been tagged by someone else. It doesn't say that a person can't be tagged twice, but it doesn't seem right to me.