Monday, September 11, 2006

Above And Beyond Whelmed

Overwhelmed is an understatement.
September 11th.
I'm sure there will be brilliant and heart rending posts today.
Not here. Not mine. I feel sad and scared.
Sad when I look at the hole in the NYC skyline. Sad to think that even a hole that big can't represent the holes left in people's lives.
Scared when I think about how many terrorists we've created in the last five years. Scared to think that our administration has wasted thousands and thousands of lives (American and otherwise) on a course of action that has made the world a worse place. I'm trying not to be scared that my sweet husband is on a plane over the Pacific at this moment.

He says that he can't think of a better day to fly. I guess he's right. There are bound to be many who wouldn't dream of flying today. And I'm sure airport security is as 'tight' as it can get. I also admire a certain amount of the 'we'll show 'em' attitude. All the same, I'm looking forward to his call this afternoon to let me know he arrived safe and sound.
Peace. Peace. And more Peace!

No comments: