Thursday, March 09, 2006

We Are Family (Get Up Everybody, SING!)

I love one on one time with my children. Even if it is spent going to the pediatrician's. I learn soooooo many things.
Like (from the doctor who loves to write prescriptions) that Mayhem is anemic as well as asthmatic. Eckerd's. Cha-ching.
Like (from Mayhem who loves to sing) that Smashmouth is the best band in the whole world. "You're a rock star. Get the show on. All that glitters is go-o-old. Only shooting sta-ars break the mo-o-old."
Like (from Mayhem who loves to talk) that Mayhem is the kind of little brother that makes me glad I never had a little brother. Even though I didn't witness it, I have it from a reliable source (and May-hem is his name-o) that this is what happened yesterday:
Mayhem (singing at the top of his lungs): WE ARE FAMILY. I GOT ALL MY BRUDDAS WITH ME.
Chaos: Mayhem be quiet.
Mayhem: AS WE WALK OHN BY-HI!
Chaos: Shut up!
Mayhem: WE ARE FAMILY. EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE OLDER THAN ME.
Chaos: I mean it. I'm going to hurt you.
Mayhem: WE ARE FAMILY. EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE FATTER THAN ME.
Chaos (chasing his little brother): Arggghh!
Mayhem (outpacing his big brother): WE ARE FAMILY. EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE SLOWER THAN ME!

Feel the love?
Peace.

No comments: