Wednesday, April 26, 2006

See Me Not Panic

See Lilymane run.
Oh wait - you can't - because she's not running. Again.
YIKES! I fooled the weather the other morning by running at 5:30 am - BEFORE the rain got its act together. Unfortunately, that tipped my hand and since then it's rained everyday earlier and earlier. This morning the rain started at 2 am and all I could do was think, "Ok, Rain and Thunder. You win."
Today was my last day for a 'longish' run. I had wanted to do four miles and then take the rest of the week off. Instead, all I've got in my logbook this week is piddly little one and two mile sprints between rain showers. That makes me nervous. THIRTEEN (point one) miles on Saturday! And I haven't even done thirteen cumulatively in the last two weeks! I am trying not to panic. (Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic.)
I'm trying not to hyperventilate. (Because passing out never solved anything.) I don't have a paper bag handy so I've substituted this electronic blog instead. "Breathe s-l-o-w-l-y Lilymane," says the good voice. The evil voice says, "What the f**k are you gonna do if it's raining on SATURDAY?"
Oh please, anyone who has cred with the weather gods, will you kindly put in a good word for overcast and cool - but not raining on Saturday in the lovely metropolis of Nashvegas, home of the Country Music (Half-)Marathon? THANKS!
Peace.

No comments: